KS1 Teaching Assistant (up to 30 hours p.w.)
Position: This KS1 Teaching Assistant vacancy is initially a fixed term contract but could become a permanent contract in the next academic year. This position is offered on the Bucks Pay Range with the starting salary linked directly to experience and qualifications of applicant (Range - 1B to 2 £16,032 - £21,428 based on 37 hours per week 52 weeks p.a)
Start Date: January 2020
Abbey View Primary Academy is a brand-new, state of the art academy in the heart of the Pine Trees Development in High Wycombe. It opened its doors in September 2019 to 30 children in Foundation Stage along with 10 children in Year 1 and 15 children in Year 2. The Academy will grow to a two-form entry primary academy, offering places from Nursery to Year 6 and wraparound care provision. Our motto is ‘Learning Today… Leading Tomorrow’ and this underpins everything we do. We are therefore looking to appoint an exceptional individual _ who has experience of working as a Teaching Assistant to join our growing team.
If you are:
· Able to demonstrate suitable experience and/or qualifications for working in a school
· Highly motivated in supporting young children to make excellent progress
· Able to respond appropriately to the wide ranging and sometimes complex needs of the pupils
· A caring and patient individual
· Flexible and able to work on your own initiative.
And you have:
· A good standard of literacy and numeracy
· Excellent communication skills with children and adults, and a strong grasp of spoken English
· Commitment to teamwork.
Then we would like to hear from you!
Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant role will involve:
· Supporting learning (small groups and 1 to 1) in and outside of class
· Supporting pupils will additional needs
· ensuring the pupils’ understanding of instructions and how to succeed in the task
· Helping children to develop both socially, emotionally and academically
· Managing behaviour and routines
· Breaktime and medical duties
· Using positive communication to ensure firm, consistent boundaries are set
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills.
Abbey View Primary Academy is part of Inspiring Futures Partnership Trust. Our Trust includes an outstanding National Support School, Wycombe and Marlow Teaching School Alliance and a School Centered Initial Teacher Training Centre (SCITT); these wider educational activities allow us to offer a very wide range of exciting, challenging and enriching professional development opportunities and career progression pathways.
We welcome any interested candidates to visit the Academy and discuss the role further. If you would like to arrange a visit please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish to apply please download an application form from our website www.abbeyviewprimaryacademy.org and return via email to: email@example.com by noon on 14/02/20. Please write your application addressing our requirements as stated in the bullet points above.
Inspiring Futures Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position is subject to satisfactory clearance of an enhanced DBS check.