Abbey View Primary Academy has a very clear vision which will be shared by all children, staff, parents, carers and trustees. We will strive to ensure that our children are always at the centre of what we do and are encouraged to be confident and engaged with their own learning.
Our vision is that our pupils will take ownership of their learning, become highly aspirational and able to make positive contributions to life in modern Britain.
All members of Abbey View’s learning community will be driven by our motto:
LEARNING TODAY...LEADING TOMORROW
To achieve our vision of providing a first class academic and social education for all our pupils, Abbey View Primary Academy will:
- Provide an outstanding primary education for all children attending the academy
- Deliver the highest standards of attainment and outcomes for all children
- Develop children’s resilience, independence and creativity
- Provide a healthy, safe and happy environment where everybody matters (children, parents and staff) and feels safe
- Promote equality and appreciation of diversity through an inclusive culture
- Be a key focal point of the new local community helping that community to thrive
- Meet the individual needs of children and their families within a trust-wide framework based on a proven model of outstanding teaching and learning
- Recognise the individuality of the academy within the Trust
- Be a member of the Inspiring Futures Partnership Trust, drawing on the expertise and capacity of Chepping View Primary Academy to deliver outstanding provision
At Abbey View, we believe that a strong moral code will empower children to be effective learners and good citizens.
We will work hard to instil our core values of aspiration, resilience, respect and integrity throughout our academy. These values will be central to our unique character and ethos and will help our children on their journey to achieving success for themselves and success for others:
- Aspiration: aim high and believe in yourself and others
- Resilience: take on challenges and learn from your mistakes
- Respect: show it to yourself, others, the community and the world
- Integrity: be honest, stand up for yourself, what you believe in and for others
Abbey View Primary Academy will also positively promote fundamental British values which include mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
All staff and volunteers are expected to model these values.